This program would be a combination of 3 programs – AFSA (advanced), Equity Valuation (Advanced) & Applied Economics (Intermediate). Spread over 8 months, this is a guided step by step approach to help a candidate learn Detailed Financial Analysis
Objective of the program
At the end of the program, the candidate should have an end to end understanding of the work an analyst does (both credit and equity analyst). The candidate should be able to pick a company, read its annual report threadbare, do a comprehensive financial statement analysis, understand the industry dynamics, and build a complete valuation model on this company, just like someone seasoned in the areas would do.
While a lot of this is taught in curriculums, most of what is taught does not get applied in real world. Our idea is to make the candidate ready for the real world. So we use live data, live companies, and handhold.
Peeyush Chitlangia is the founder of FinShiksha. An Alumnus of IIM Calcutta & MNIT Jaipur, Peeyush has been in the financial services industry for the last 11 years & has extensive exposure to Equity Research & Financial Modeling.
- Access to videos for 4 programs for a period of 12 months
- Preferred access to all webinars by FinShiksha over the next year
- 2 live projects as a part of the courses (Live projects would be end-to-end analysis of 2 listed firms, and done with guidance of FinShiksha)
- 4 Certification Tests (for each of the 4 programs) - upto 2 attempts in each of them
- Resume Building and Placement Preparation Tips
- 2 mock interviews conducted by FinShiksha – as a part of placement preparation – either online or in person
- An 8 month guidance around the program – with weekwise schedule for your benefit
A practical approach to financial statement and decoding the story behind the ratios. These sessions provide the right frame-work to analyze any company in any sector.
The biggest advantage is it combines the advantage of learning on the go and the opportunity to ask questions and clarify
It gave me a sense of how equity valuation is done and how to build models. Also 3 different models targeting 3 different companies helped me appreciate the complexity of the subject. It helped me learn that each sector is different and the same approach cannot be followed for multiple sectors.
It got me an internship offer for investment banking profile in HSBC
Conceptual understanding of the various fundamentals used in the valuation, Got to know why and what of every minute detail used in valuation. The course has helped me in understanding how a valuation model should be built.